Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
CisionScoop: After nearly two decades at KFMB-TV in San Diego, Albert Columbo has joined CBS Morning News in New York City as a line producer. His work at KFMB garnered him an Emmy for his coverage of the 2014 wildfires in San Diego county.
CisionScoop: At the Orange County Register, Martin Wisckol has changed his coverage. Previously the paper’s politics editor, he will now be reporting on the Southern Californian coastal environment. Wisckol joined the daily in 1998 as a reporter, and previously worked for South Florida Sun Sentinel and the Florida Times Union.
CisionScoop: George Lynch, former senior legal editor at Bloomberg BNA, has retired from journalism. Lynch has been with Bloomberg since 2014, where he started as a legal editor, and was promoted to senior editor just over a year later.
Internet media company Axios has recently announced several updates:
- Alison Snyder, former science editor, has been promoted to managing editor, overseeing the science vertical. Snyder has been with Axios for a year now, and has previously worked with The Washington Post, Newsweek, and Daily Beast.
- Scott Rosenberg begins as tech editor for Axios, effective March 26. Based in San Francisco, Rosenberg has also covered tech for Backchannel, Wired, Grist, and Salon.com.
- Spencer Bokat-Lindell has also joined Axios, as associate editor for the “Expert Voices” vertical. Most recently, Bokat-Lindell served as the assistant online editor for The Paris Review.
- Former news desk reporter Shane Savitsky has been promoted to associate news editor. He first joined Axios in November of 2016 as news desk reporter.
- In addition to continuing to report on politics and news, Alayna Treene has also been promoted to associate news editor, after first joining in 2016 as news desk reporter.
- Alexi McCammond, who has been with Axios since April of last year, is now a reporter, covering politics.
After 20 years with ABC Harrisburg affiliate WHTM-TV, Flora Posteraro is no longer a reporter with the station. Posteraro has won several Emmy awards for her work, and has previously reported for area stations WPVI, WBRE, and WJAC.
Multimedia journalist Kay Angrum has launched her own podcast, Let’s Get Coffee with Kay. In it, she interviews women of color in the media industry, focusing on their unique experiences and how they worked to succeed.